Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Truly Blessed . . . Except for Bats!

Ether 12:27

What an adventure filled week!

The Russian speakers have an intense passion for volleyball during gym time.  You make your best friends and enemies during volleyball time.  It’s SO much fun.  There have been few times in my life where I laughed harder than at the MTC. 

This week, I learned that if you ever complain about moving, they will make you move again.  I was once again reminded of how much I packed when a "bat infestation" was reported in our building.  The bat infestation required that everyone evacuate the building within only a few hours.  Ironically, our new room was literally the door next to the first room we had.  This time, no one is completely unpacking because we fear they will make us move yet again.  We are also all convinced the "bat infestation" was a conspiracy because the workers have yet to find any bats.  It was probably the people we beat in volleyball trying to get revenge. 

But besides all the moving, the MTC is amazing and I've really grown to love it.  It's been a journey, but I've learned so much.  I have met tons of amazing people from all over the world.  The Spirit here is so strong its like you can touch it!  Only one month left until I leave for Ukraine, crazy!  I'm both terrified and excited all at the same time. 

Another enjoyable thing this week was being blessed by having Taco Bell, Subway, Costa Vida, AND Chick-fila catered!!  I think I almost started crying tears of joy.  When wondering what was being catered for dinner, one of my companions decided to tell the whole MTC that Texas Roadhouse was going to be serving us.  That's when we found our new passion for spreading rumors; its our new favorite thing to do.  Every day we pick a hilarious (innocent) rumor and stand by people and say, "Did you hear..." and automatically the people next to us will start talking about it.  Shoot me a Dear Elder if you have any good ones, hehe.

This week I met my mission presidents.  They are such amazing people!  They have a son who is serving in Denmark who gets released in August.  He flies straight from Denmark to Ukraine and gets to stay with his parents for six days and then he flies home.  I can only imagine how hard that is for his mom; it's amazing what people give up to serve the Lord

Quote of the week:
"Your only concern should be to do better than we did yesterday. Step by step is the law of growth. God does not expect the acorn to be a mighty oak before it has been a sapling."
                                              - George E. Carpenter

One of the characteristics I struggle with the most is patience.  But I've learned that when we do our VERY BEST, then we've done all that we can do.  Learning to be successful and developing personal growth takes a lot of time and a lot of patience.  Don't give up, keep moving forward!

Have a wonderful Fourth of July!  Enjoy all the parades, family, friends, fireworks, and freedom, for we are truly blessed.

xoxo

--
Cectpa Morris
Ukraine-Dnepropetrovsk Mission











No comments:

Post a Comment