Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cupcakes


This week, as I was looking through my journal to see what to put in this email, I came across the beginning of a journal entry that pretty much sums this week up perfectly:
"What a beautiful, beautiful day.  Also... I'm not sure how many cupcakes I just consume."

Basically, I'm just getting my sugar-fix in before I leave for Ukraine in two weeks because I hear they don't have very good desserts.

This week was pretty normal.  There was however, a very interesting lesson given with another acting investigator.  As my companions and I were leaving the lesson, our investigator told me I look French?  I said, "Thank you!" excitedly, but his reaction made it clear he didn't mean it as a compliment.  We're all still trying to figure that one out. 

The first week I arrived, I decided to purchase a paperback copy of the Book of Mormon, write the question "Can I be a successful Russian speaking missionary?" in the front of it, and then read and highlight missionary scriptures throughout the entire book.  I am about 2/3 of the way done, but this week I somehow misplaced my book and couldn't find it.  I was so upset because the book had become a significant source of confidence and was very special to me.  Like any "good" missionary, I prayed fervently to find it again.  On Sunday, while walking to Relief Society, I saw my Book of Mormon sitting on a table in the hall alcove.  I was so relieved!  When I picked up my book, I realized why is had gone missing.  On the front was a sticky note that said, "To whom ever left this here - thank you.  As I thumbed through it, your highlighted verses were exactly the confidence boost I needed.  The question in the front has been echoing in my mind for the past few weeks.  This book being here at this time has been the answer to many tear-filled prayers.  Thank you, you will be an inspiring missionary."  I was so touched that Heavenly Father had chosen to use something that I had done to answer someone else's prayers.  It's amazing to think that whoever read my book could have simply left with an increased confidence in their abilities, but I know that Heavenly Father inspired them to leave a note so that I could also be blessed from this experience.  It is so miraculous to see how each and every one of us affects one another, even when we don't try.  It strongly reminds me how important being a good example is.  We all radiate ourselves to other through our actions.  Your thoughts affect your choices, and your choices determine who you will be. 

Thank you for all the love and support! I love you all!

xoxo

--

Cectpa Morris








No comments:

Post a Comment